12 Mar Central Administration of TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
In the summer of 2012, Tibco launched a new version of its messaging bus called Enterprise Message Service (EMS). TIBCO Enterprise Message Service lets applications consume or publish messages according to the Java Message Service (JMS) API.
- The command line utility tibemsadmin
- The EMS plugin of Tibco Administrator
- A tool, like Gems or Hermes, created by a third-party
The Central Administration feature, installed automatically with EMS 7.0, offers you:
- A web-based graphical user interface for configuring TIBCO EMS servers
- Centralized configuration, allowing administrators to apply configuration changes across multiple TIBCO Enterprise Message Service servers from a single location
- Support on Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms
How to get the central administration running on your machine.
|Command: tibemsconf2json.bat -conf source-file.conf -json output-file.json|
Note: when ems is configured as windows service, you need to tweak the registry key to change the startup parameter tibemsd.conf to tibemsd.json (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet00XservicestibemsdParameters)Once converted, you can start your EMS server but now using the json configuration file.
Creating a configuration file
Default screen after installation
When typing a name (e.g. local_ems_instance) without spaces, clicking on create, and passing a url of your EMS server (e.g. tcp://localhost:7222) you are good to go!