07 Jul How to load a more recent Bouncy Castle stack in a webMethods v8.2 Integration Server
When scanning the related file system you find following artifacts:
Comparing these items with the deliverables available on http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html reveals that the version used by the webMethods platform is rather old. Working with the SAG-wM support and RnD organization allowed us to load more recent bc libraries. The platform is compatible up to version 1.47 and this version will be included as of webMethods 9.Following steps lists out how a more recent Bouncy Castle stack can be loaded in a webMethods v8.2 Integration Server:
- Navigate to http://www.bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html
- Download the provider file version of preference (e.g. bcprov-ext-jdk14-145.jar).
- Shutdown the webMethods Integration Server
- Replace <IS-HOME>/WS-Stack/lib/bcprov-jdk15-140.jar with downloaded bcprov jar file (e.g. bcprov-ext-jdk14-145.jar).
- Replace <IS-HOME>/common/lib/ext/bcprov-jdk14.jar with downloaded bcprov jar file (e.g. bcprov-ext-jdk14-145.jar).
- Start the webMethods Integration Server
- Verify the webMethods Integration Server’s About page. The server classpath should now list the newly introduced file.
Author: Johan De Wulf